Saturday, August 27, 2011

Tutorial: DIY Simple Crochet Bracelets

crochet bracelet pattern

















This is my first attempt at a pattern! This pattern in particular is one that I've been wanting to share for a while.  They're really easy to make, and you can whip up a few for yourself (and maybe some friends) in an evening, or even less than that!

In any case, this being my first pattern, feel free to let me know if there are any clarifications that need to be made!

What you'll need:
- Small amount of worsted cotton yarn.  You can also use any other yarn that feels nice.  I prefer the feel and weight of natural yarns, although you can certainly make these bracelets with acrylic yarn.
- Size G crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- Scissors

Skills required:
Ch = chain
Sl st = slip stitch
Sc = single crochet

Steps:

1. Ch 25.



















2. Sl st to create a loop.  Make sure your chain isn't twisted!

















3. Ch 1 (counts as first sc). 2nd ch from hook, sc 24 (25 total).  Sl st at first sc to close the bracelet.


















4. Bind off and weave in ends.

5. Say hello to your new bracelet!  Make more to stack on your wrist, or give to friends!



















© The Nerdy Penguin.  All rights reserved.  Pattern is for personal use only.  It is not to be reproduced for sale, nor to make items for sale.  Thank you! 

3 comments:

  1. Love these! My 2 granddaughters will too. I love making them little things and sending them in the mail, even though they live right up the road. Thanks!
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter loves these. I made bright pink, yellow, orange & darker pink. Thx for pattern

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're both very welcome! I'm glad you found great use out of the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete